Onychoschizia is a medical term of nail disease, in which split or cracks occur on the edges of finger and toe nails. It is observed that females pick this ailment more than males.The cracks in fingernails occur due to several reasons such as moisture scarcity, skin disease, access use of commercial nail products, circulation problem and unbalanced diet etc.
Here are some natural ways to treat cracked fingernails:
1. Keep Yourself Hydrated:- As I mentioned above that moisture scarcity is one of the major causes of schizophrenia so keeping yourself hydrated is a simple and natural technique to treat cracked nails. You should drink 8-10 glasses of water daily, add fruit juices in your daily diet plan but don’t use these juices to replace water.
2. Eat Healthy Foods:- An ample amount of healthy nutrients is must in order to keep your nails healthy and problem free. The foods that are essential for healthy nails are leafy vegetables, broccoli, carrot, citrus fruits, egg yolk, peanuts and soybeans etc. Taking biotin supplements is also a best way to treat cracked fingernails.
3. Protect Your Nails:- Dish washing soaps and detergents have a lot of harsh chemicals, which can ruin your hands skin and nails by making them dry and brittle. The best way to protect your nails from the damaging effects of detergents is to wearing gloves before using them.
4. Wash Your Hands 2-3 Times a Day:- Some people have a habit to wash hands many times a day; actually this habit is dangerous because your nails become weak and brittle when extreme moisture get absorbed in them. So it is advised you to wash your hands 2-3 times a day with a mild beauty soap.
5. Moisturize your Nails:- Cracks and splits generally occur in dry and brittle nails so keeping your nails moisturized is a best technique to treat cracked nails. Olive oil is best moisturizer for cracked, brittle nails. Take an adequate amount of olive oil in a bowl and soak your fingertips in it for 10-15 minutes, and then massage the oil into nails and fingers before washing it off with fresh.