Nail care is vital part of beauty regime for women as well as men to maintain their charming personality. Suppose, you have a beautiful physique and you have smarten yourself with stylish outfit, beautiful shoes, latest jewelry and good-looking makeup but just ignore your nails. What would be the result? Yes you are alright! Just unappealing, weak and brittle nails would diminish your all efforts of looking beautiful.
Improper nail care not only impart a negative impact on your personality but also leads to develop many nail problems such as fungal nail infection, ingrown nails, split nails and brittle nails etc. In this article we have discussed some useful nail care home remedies that will certainly help you a lot.
Nail Care Home Remedies:
- Mostly nail polishes contain chemical ingredient formaldehyde which is harmful for the health of your nails. So for the females having weak and brittle nails, it is better to avoid the nail polishes or other treatments in which formaldehyde may be involved. Soaking the nails and cuticles in olive oil or white germ for 10-15 minutes is a best option to treat brittle nails.
- If you have flaky nails, add primrose oil in your every-day diet, the oil comprises the indispensable fatty acids essential for the construction of cell nail. You can also intake primrose oil as a supplement.
- Iron deficiency is a major cause of thin and flat nails so increasing the amount of iron intake is best home remedy to cure brittle nails. Red meat, green vegetables, dried fruit and nuts are main sources of Iron. Other basic nutrients like vitamins (A, B, C and E), protein, calcium, and zinc are also important for proper nail care.
- One of the best nail care home remedies is to massaging a nail oil or cream into your nails before going to bed. This procedure helps the fingertips maintain moistness.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid, that’s why it is famous for its bleaching properties. You can use it to give your discolored nail tips a natural shine. Make a mixture of lemon juice and water and soak your fingertips in it for 10-15 minutes.
- Nicotine and ink strains can be removed by brushing the fingertips using tooth paste.
- Dish washing soaps and detergents contain many harsh chemicals, which make your nails brittle and dull. To minimize the exposure to harsh chemicals, you should wear rubber gloves while performing the house hold duties.