Nails are the protecting shields for the fingers and toes. They are as noticeable as the other parts of body so need same attention, which you give to face, hair, hands and feet etc.
Trimming is the basic step in the nail care regime, it is a quite easy process but a little attention is required to give your nails an impeccable appearance. Furthermore the people, who are patients of diabetics, have to be more careful while trimming the nails because their nails are more prone to halt by coincidence.
Here are some useful tips to trim nails properly.
- The first principal for cutting nails appropriately is to use accurate tools. Never use a scissor for trimming nails because this procedure may spoil the entire shape of your nail. The clipper made up of stainless steel is best for this purpose. Keeping the nail clippers sterilized is also important to avoid the possible infections. It becomes more crucial if you are diabetic patient.
- After the selection of perfect nail clipper, it is a time to choose the place for trimming nails. The place should be well-lighted, clean and comfortable.
- Before trimming the nails, soak your fingertips in lukewarm water for 3-5 minutes. Doing this makes your nails soften so the trimming process will be easy.
- Never trim nails when they are too short, it may cause deep cuts.
- Trim your nails gradually, a single cut may harm your nail edges and ruin the look of your nails. Apply maximum pressure while cutting nails.
- Trim tour nails in straight manner, cutting round will increase the risks of ingrown nails.
- After trimming the nails in your desired shape, file them using a nail filer. Square shape is ideal prevent them from breakage.
- To keep nails healthy and beautiful, add fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet plan. You can also take additional supplements of vitamin but after discussing with your health specialist.