Possessing gorgeous, strong and long nails is a natural desire of every woman. But the nails lose their original beauty and shine if they are treated carelessly. There are several factors which can contribute in making your nails weak and unappealing. However, you can maintain the natural sheen and gorgeousness of nails by taking proper care. This article reveals some best nail care tips for women. Try and enjoy.
1. Consume Vitamin A Rich Foods to Heal Cracked Nails:- In most cases, extra dry and cracked fingernails indicate the deficiency of vitamin A in your body. To heal dry and cracked nails, you should consume the foods which are loaded with vitamin A. Fresh vegetables, apricots and mangoes are best sources of vitamin A.
2. Keep Your Nails Hydrated:- Keeping your nails hydrated (externally & internally) is a best way to prevent several nail-disorders. Make a habit to moisturize your nails with a moisturizing cream or lotion before going to sleep every night. Keep your body and nails hydrated by drinking a lot of water. Most health specialists recommend drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water to be fit and healthy.
3. Wear Gloves:- Detergents, extreme temperatures and excess exposure to water are some factors which make your nails weak and discolored. To avoid the possible harsh effects of above-mentioned factors, you should wear rubber gloves while working in water or performing household duties.
4. Keep the Nails Clean:- Cleansing of nails is the crucial step to maintain the natural beauty of nails. Manicures and pedicures are best beauty treatments for your nails. It isn’t necessary visiting nail spas to give your nails mani or pedi treatments. You can do it by yourself at the comfort of your home. First of all, remove the old nail polish, then trim and file your nails. Next soak your hands or feet in the soapy water for few minutes. To whiten the yellowish finger or toenails, add few drops of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in the soak water. When cleaning the nails, don’t forget scrubbing the underneath of nails. After giving your nails mani or pedi treatments, dry thoroughly, in then buff them.
5. Use of Nail Polish:- Mostly females use nail polish to play up their nails. Be careful while picking out a nail polish, never compromise on the quality. You can save some pennies by purchasing a low-quality and cheap product but it can destroy the overall health of your nails. Don’t skip applying base coat and top coat in the initial and final steps of nail polish application. A basecoat will protect your nails from the damaging effects of pigments used in the colored nail polishes. While the top coat will give your nails a neat finish in addition to making your manicure long-lasting.